Upcoming LTAP Classes Announced for Seal-Coat Operators and Gravel Road Maintenance
Seal-Coat Operations & Micro/Slurry Surfacing: A Workshop for Practitioners
This workshop will provide attendees with an overview of current best practices for seal-coat operations in Minnesota, including how to design and implement a seal-coat operation. It will also review micro/slurry, including what micro/slurry surfacing is, the differences between the two products, and how and where to use each one. Project selection, development of specifications, and construction details will also be discussed in detail. Following the workshop, attendees will have gained the basic knowledge to properly select a candidate project and build it.
Date and Location
This workshop is scheduled from 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. (registration begins at 8 a.m.) at the specified location on each of the dates listed below.
- March 25, 2020—MnDOT District 7 Office, 2151 Bassett Drive, Mankato, MN 56001
- April 1, 2020—Hennepin County Public Works Facility, 1600 Prairie Drive, Medina, MN 55340
- April 9, 2020—Alexandria Technical and Community College, 1601 Jefferson Street, Alexandria, MN 56308
Gravel Road Maintenance and Design
Date & Location
This workshop is scheduled from 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. (registration begins at 8:30 a.m.) at the specified locations on the dates listed below:
- April 14, 2020—University of Minnesota Crookston, Sargeant Student Center, 2900 University Avenue, Crookston, MN 56716
- April 21, 2020—MnDOT District 6A, 2900 48th Street NW, Rochester, MN 55901
- April 28, 2020—Crow Wing County Land Services Building, 322 Laurel Street, Brainerd, MN 56401