Position Description: Administrative Assistant
Job Description: MAT Administrative Assistant
Job Position: Administrative Assistant
Reports To: Finance Director
Job Overview — Provide support and assistance to the Executive Director, Financial Director, Education Coordinator and other staff as directed. The primary responsibilities are administrative and clericalin nature. Success in this position is handling duties in a timely, proficient way and having a strong customer service attitude.
Responsibilities and Duties
• Provide general administrative and clerical support
• Prepare Board Meeting mailings and District Meeting notices and mailings
• Serve as depository for MAT By-laws/Policies and maintains the historical archive.
• Serve as back-up for receptionist in answering calls and email: Respond to questions and requests for information from Township officers; routing to proper personnel
• Prepare Accounts Receivable daily
• Assist in preparation and coordination of MAT events
o Prepare documents as needed, copying, & correspondence to membership
o Register members attending educational and training events
• Process scholarship applications for MAT’s Scholarship program.
• Responsible for the administration of MAT’s Town Team Program
• Write two permanent sections of the Minnesota Township Insidermagazine – Memorials and Milestones. Work with Secretary of State’s Office in developing Calendar issue. Prepare other writings as assigned.
• Abide by the by-laws and policies of the MAT Board of Directors.
• Any other duties as assigned.
• Associate of Arts (AA) degree or higher
• Minimum 2–year office experience
• Proficient in Microsoft Office programs, accounting software,strong typing skills (including 10-key) and able to learn new computer programs.
• Hands on experience with office equipment.
• Demonstrated communication skills, including a good working knowledge of grammar rules for proofing and editing documents.
• Demonstrated organizational skills showing ability to completeprojects in a timely manner.
• Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills to respond to both member and staff concerns.
• Contact with the general public
• Lifting – up to 40 pounds
• Travel throughout Minnesota is involved, driving personal and rental vehicles.
Salary Range: $22-$24 per hour.
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to Jesi Petersen, Financial Director at email@example.com