In this virtual workshop, learn how to de-escalate difficult situations and move challenging public issues from conflicts to solutions. Then, stay with us to share experiences and ideas with statewide leaders.
Date: April 21, 2021
Time: 9:30 a.m.-1 p.m.
(Livestream from 9:30-11:30 a.m.; Q&A and discussion from 11:45 a.m.-1 p.m.)
Cost: Free for all participants
For full details on this online event, please visit AMC’s website: https://www.mncounties.org/meetings_and_education/bridging_divides_2_0.php
Dave Bartholomay, Program Coordinator, Minnesota Department of Administration, Office of Collaboration and Dispute Resolution
Rachel Logan, Equity and Inclusion Consultant, Sourcewell Service Cooperative, Staples
Participants are encouraged to view Bridging Divides 1.0: Civil Discussions, Part I and Part II, available at no cost via the Association of Minnesota Counties website.
- Prepare for and better manage tough public meetings.
- Apply equity and diversity concepts to your professional setting.
- Better understand and work with challenging individuals.
Join this three-part virtual workshop to learn how to de-escalate difficult situations and move from conflict to effective solutions for challenging public and social issues.
- Part I: Calming the Storm – prepare for and respond to challenging individuals/groups at public meetings
- Part II: Leading Change – be proactive instead of reactive on social issues of equity and diversity
- Part III: Finding Common Ground – identify strategies for working with ‘unique’ board or council members