Please join MAT’s Legislative & Research Committee for a special “Congressional Symposium” event. We’ll have discussions on our township advocacy priorities with the elected officials who represent Minnesota in Washington, D.C.
DATE: Monday, June 14, 2021
TIME: 12:30 PM to 4 PM. An exact schedule will be sent to registrants once all Members of Congress have confirmed their availability.
FORMAT: Due to the continued COVID-19 pandemic, the event will be held virtually via Zoom.
- Welcome and opening remarks to orient you
- Representative Michelle Fischbach joins us
- Representative Tom Emmer joins us
- Representative Dean Phillips joins us
- Senator Tina Smith’s video message, and her transportation policy staff member
- Senator Amy Klobuchar’s outreach director staff member
- Representative Ilhan Omar’s legislative director staff member
- Representative Jim Hagedorn joins us
- Additional time for discussion amongst ourselves
- Additional statements from members of Congress
All town officers are welcome but registration is required: http://bit.ly/LRJune2021
Participation information (Zoom weblinks and phone numbers) will automatically and immediately be sent by email to those who register through the link above. There is no cost to attend this event.
Any town officer may attend and participate in the L&R process. Since there will not be formal votes taken at the “Congressional Symposium,” each county is not limited on its numbers of attendees.
***** In addition – and because of existing travel plans (to Washington, D.C.) in the afternoon, Congressman Pete Stauber (who represents the northeastern part of MN) has set up a meeting with us on Monday morning from 9-9:30 AM.Please join us if you can at this separate participation link:
Zoom on computer (preferred): https://us02web.zoom.us/j/82792963857
Meeting ID: 827 9296 3857
Or by phone: (301) 715-8592 and enter access code 82-792-963-857#
The Legislative & Research (L&R) Committee is charged with developing, renewing, and making recommendations for legislative efforts to the MAT Board of Directors on behalf of townships. The purpose of the L&R Committee is to aid MAT in representing townships and their officials and in supporting the township form of government.